Iraq: Can Iraq Be Democratic? by Patrick Basham
This paper contends that the White House will be gravely disappointed with the result of its effort to establish a stable liberal democracy in Iraq.
Submitted on Tue, 02/17/2004 - 01:00
- IRAQ: Decade of Occupation for Iraqi Women
- Day 16/16 of Activism Against Gender Violence: Women Rights and War.
- Bahrain: Interview with Maryam al-Khawaja "The Regime Oppresses All Bahrainis".
- Day 12/16 of Activism Against Gender Violence: Women of the Iraqi Majlis al-Nuwab and Violence Against Women in Iraq
- Day 7/16 of Activism Against Gender Violence: My Name is Rana...
- Sudan: Female lawyer detained, risks torture!
- Sudan: New arrests of Nuba activists!
- Sudan: Khadija Mohamed Badr Health Deteriorating in Detention
- Bahrain: Women Human Rights Defenders International Coalition Statement on Bahrain in Solidarity with Al Khawaja
- Update: Iran: Parastou Dokouhaki and Marzieh Rasouli held in Solitary Confinement in Evin Prison