UK: Women and cultural diversity: A digest of cases
Source:London School of Economics
This digest contains summaries of some of the key cases in which gender and culture have coincided in the British courts, mainly since the 1970s, but including some that date back to the 19th century.
Submitted on Wed, 02/18/2004 - 01:00
- Criminalising forced marriage has not helped its victims
- Turkey court ruling on religious marriages spurs uproar
- Karima Bennoune Featured in TEDxExeter 2015 – Taking the Long View
- Kurdish groups in UK protest 'terrorism' charges against Silan Ozcelik
- Algeria passes law banning violence against women
- Drop the terrorism charges against Silan Ozcelik
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- (UK) Law Society: Withdraw Guidelines for ‘Shari’a-Compliant’ Wills
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!