Turkey: Scarf conundrum grips Turkey
As France pushed ahead with its planned school headscarf ban, in Turkey the issue has been the subject of impassioned debate for more than 20 years.
Submitted on Wed, 02/25/2004 - 01:00
- Indonesia's highest Islamic clerical body issues fatwa proposing death penalty for people caught having gay sex
- Turkey: Men wear skirts in İstanbul march to protest violence against women
- Indonesia lawmakers drop plan for schoolgirl virginity tests after uproar
- Turkish President: 'Equality between men and women is against nature'
- WLUML Launches Bumper-Size Dossier on Sexualities in Muslim Contexts
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- UPDATE: Iran: Mohammad Mostafaie, Lawyer of Sakineh Ashtiani, arrested in Turkey
- West Aceh, Indonesia: New regulation forbidding the wearing of 'tight clothing’ by women may be open to abuse
- Dossier 32-33: Sexualities, Culture and Society in Muslim Contexts
- Walking a Tightrope: Women and Veiling in the United Kingdom
- WSF: Attacks against lesbian, gay and bisexual people: Warning signs of fundamentalism?
- Safra Project Report of Initial Findings
- Dossier 25: Algeria: Morality Militias are Back