Turkey: Scarf conundrum grips Turkey
As France pushed ahead with its planned school headscarf ban, in Turkey the issue has been the subject of impassioned debate for more than 20 years.
Submitted on Wed, 02/25/2004 - 00:00
- Kyrgyz Mufti Issues Fatwa Against Gays, Challenges HRW
- Turkey: International intellectuals call on the Turkish government to desist from its repression of popular protest
- Bangladesh: Matrilineal Marriage - 'My mother and I are married to the same man':
- Protesters demand male brothels for women in Turkey
- Tunisia: Not Illegal, but Taboo.
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- UPDATE: Iran: Mohammad Mostafaie, Lawyer of Sakineh Ashtiani, arrested in Turkey
- West Aceh, Indonesia: New regulation forbidding the wearing of 'tight clothing’ by women may be open to abuse