Iraq: Interim Constitution Shortchanges Women
Source:Human Rights Watch
Iraq’s proposed interim constitution fails to give adequate protection to women’s human rights.
Submitted on Wed, 03/10/2004 - 01:00
- Iraq: Women Suffer Under ISIS: For Sunnis, Lives Curtailed; for Yezidis, New Accounts of Brutal Rapes
- Muslim women in India petition Supreme Court to end 'triple talaq’ instant divorce
- India: 'Now, men will be a bit scared to say talaq'
- Blood money marriage makes comeback in Iraq
- Turkey court ruling on religious marriages spurs uproar
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Sudan's Revised Penal Code: A Mixed Picture For Women
- Morocco's Dilemma: Rights and Reform or Closure and Conservatism?
- Family Law in Bahrain
- No One is Safe: Abuses of Women in Iraq's Criminal Justice System
- Justice Through Equality: Building Religious Knowledge for Legal Reform in Muslim Family Laws