Uganda: Dowries blamed for Ugandan wife beatings
The Ugandan practice of wedding dowries - known as the bride price - is to blame for much of the country's domestic violence, experts say.
Submitted on Mon, 03/29/2004 - 01:00
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Child, early and forced marriage in Pakistan: A submission to OHCHR