UK: Lawyers 'ignore forced marriages'
Solicitors are afraid of being branded racist if they intervene to stop forced marriages, the Law Society has said.
Submitted on Tue, 03/30/2004 - 00:00
- UK: Law Society Withdraws Sharia Succession Principles Practice Note
- Honour killing: Four get death for lynching pregnant woman in Lahore
- Darfur: amid allegations of mass rape, UN voices profound concern, begins investigation
- 'Shariafication by stealth' in the UK
- EVENT: International Conference: Religious-Right, Secularism and Civil Rights
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating