Europe: An appeal to withdraw Article 51 from the European Constitution
By recognising the right of religious institutions to interfere in the exercise of European public powers, Article 51 contradicts the principle of separation between public and religious institutions.
Submitted on Fri, 04/16/2004 - 00:00
- Sultan of Brunei threatens his citizens following online criticism of Sharia law plan
- Bahrain: Continued Use Of Politicized Judiciary By The Authority To Keep Activist Zainab Al-Khawaja Behind Bars
- Iran: 'Jila Baniyaghoob | Prisoner Of Conscience In Iran'
- Saudi women flood social media with driving videos, pictures
- Saudi Arabia: Women Activists' Sentences Confirmed
- No One is Safe: Abuses of Women in Iraq's Criminal Justice System
- Everyone's Guide to By-passing Internet Censorship
- Dossier 28: The secular state and citizenship in Muslim countries
- WSF: The rise of fundamentalism and the role of the ‘state’ in the specific political context of Palestine
- WSF: Two cheers for multiculturalism