Canada: The Muslim Veil in North America: Issues and Debates
WLUML networker Homa Hoodfar contributes to this book which contains research and commentary on the conditions, issues, debates, and discourse on the hijab in North America and specifically in Canada.
Submitted on Mon, 04/26/2004 - 23:00
- Indonesia lawmakers drop plan for schoolgirl virginity tests after uproar
- WLUML Launches Bumper-Size Dossier on Sexualities in Muslim Contexts
- Kyrgyz Mufti Issues Fatwa Against Gays, Challenges HRW
- Bangladesh: Matrilineal Marriage - 'My mother and I are married to the same man':
- Tunisia: Not Illegal, but Taboo.
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- West Aceh, Indonesia: New regulation forbidding the wearing of 'tight clothing’ by women may be open to abuse
- UPDATE: Canada: Polygamist leader suing B.C. government
- Dossier 32-33: Sexualities, Culture and Society in Muslim Contexts
- Walking a Tightrope: Women and Veiling in the United Kingdom
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- WSF: Attacks against lesbian, gay and bisexual people: Warning signs of fundamentalism?
- Dossier 27: Should different kinds of people living in the same province be governed by different kinds of laws?