Canada: The Muslim Veil in North America: Issues and Debates
WLUML networker Homa Hoodfar contributes to this book which contains research and commentary on the conditions, issues, debates, and discourse on the hijab in North America and specifically in Canada.
Submitted on Mon, 04/26/2004 - 23:00
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- West Aceh, Indonesia: New regulation forbidding the wearing of 'tight clothing’ by women may be open to abuse
- UPDATE: Canada: Polygamist leader suing B.C. government
- UPDATE: Aceh: Civil society groups advocate for repeal of Qanun Jinayah (Islamic Criminal Legal Code)
- Walking a Tightrope: Women and Veiling in the United Kingdom
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- WSF: Attacks against lesbian, gay and bisexual people: Warning signs of fundamentalism?
- Dossier 27: Should different kinds of people living in the same province be governed by different kinds of laws?
- Safra Project Report of Initial Findings