Canada: Canadian Muslims will get sharia courts to settle disputes
Canada is embarking on an unusual judicial experiment that will allow members of its Muslim community to submit to the teachings of the Koran to resolve a variety of civil legal disputes, ranging from divorces to business conflicts.
Submitted on Thu, 04/29/2004 - 00:00
- Making Law and Justice Work for Women
- It is too simple to reduce religious motives to mere pretexts for violence – New report
- Against their will: Inside Canada’s forced marriages
- Afghanistan: Prominent female politician and 'brave voice' Angeza Shinwari dies after car bomb attack
- Nigeria: Why it is hard to know the truth about the Boko Haram crisis
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting