Canada: Canadian Muslims will get sharia courts to settle disputes
Canada is embarking on an unusual judicial experiment that will allow members of its Muslim community to submit to the teachings of the Koran to resolve a variety of civil legal disputes, ranging from divorces to business conflicts.
Submitted on Thu, 04/29/2004 - 00:00
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Heiner Bielefeldt, Human Rights Council 28th Session
- Mapping Stoning in Muslim Contexts
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- CEDAW & MUSLIM FAMILY LAWS: In Search of Common Ground
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts