Iran: Iranian Lawmakers Pass Women's Inheritance Bill
Iran's reformist Parliament passed a bill Monday granting women the same inheritance rights as men, a move that sets the stage for a showdown with the conservative 12-member Guardian Council, Reuters reported yesterday.
Submitted on Fri, 05/14/2004 - 00:00
- Egypt Risks Drifting Further Away from Human Rights Ideals
- Iran: Za’feran Mohamaadi Murdered by her Family Members, Witnessed by Bystanders
- Saudi Arabia: Breakthrough in Saudi Arabia: Women Allowed An Parliament
- Sri Lanka: The Imminent Danger Of The Execution Of Rizana Nafeek
- Egypt: The Day after the Referendum
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Update: Iran: Parastou Dokouhaki and Marzieh Rasouli held in Solitary Confinement in Evin Prison
- Iran: Parastou Dokouhaki and Marzieh Rasouli detained as a new wave of arrests is carried out in Iran
- Update: Iran: Alieh Eghamdoust released from prison after serving three year sentence
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya