Vatican: Pope canonises pro-life heroine
Critics have said the decision suggests the Church values the life of an unborn child above the well-being and safety of a woman.
Submitted on Mon, 05/17/2004 - 23:00
- CHILD BRIDES IN AFGHANISTAN: Overview of Situation, Challenges and Options
- In the Flesh: Female Sex Work & HIV in the Middle East & North Africa
- Sri Lanka: Coercive Population Control in Kilinochchi
- Nigeria's child brides: 'I thought being in labour would never end'
- Indonesia: Female students may be forced to undergo 'virginity tests'
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Kyrgyzstan: Support the campaign to ensure continued access to abortion
- Worldwide: Tell the Vatican to stand up for women
- UN: Reproductive Health Goal Dropped
- Update: Kyrgyzstan: Continued access to abortion - safe, for now
- Reclaiming and Redefining Rights: ICPD+20: Status of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Middle East and North Africa
- Substantive Equality and Reproductive Rights: A Briefing Paper on Aligning Development Goals with Human Rights Obligations
- Early and Forced Marriage in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Legal Empowerment of Unwed Mothers: Experiences of Moroccan NGOs
- WSF: Religious fundamentalisms and repression of reproductive and sexual rights