Vatican: Pope canonises pro-life heroine
Critics have said the decision suggests the Church values the life of an unborn child above the well-being and safety of a woman.
Submitted on Tue, 05/18/2004 - 00:00
- Kenya: Rita, "I feel cheated of my right to decide whether to give birth or not".
- South Sudan: Contraceptives Give Women the Right to Choose.
- UN: Marrying Too Young, End Child Marriage Report
- Swaziland: Child marriages banned
- Australia: The Sterilisation of Women And Girls With Disabilities in Australia
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Kyrgyzstan: Support the campaign to ensure continued access to abortion
- Worldwide: Tell the Vatican to stand up for women
- UN: Reproductive Health Goal Dropped
- Update: Kyrgyzstan: Continued access to abortion - safe, for now
- Legal Empowerment of Unwed Mothers: Experiences of Moroccan NGOs
- WSF: Religious fundamentalisms and repression of reproductive and sexual rights
- Time to Speak Out: Illegal Abortion and Women’s Reproductive Health in Pakistan
- Dossier 22: Exploring the Context of Women’s Sexuality in Eastern Turkey
- Occasional Paper 10: Volunteer health workers in Iran as social activists: Can "governmental non-governmental organisations" be agents of democratisation?