Canada: Position statement by the Canadian Council of Muslim Women on the proposed implementation of sections of Muslim law (Sharia) in Canada
Source:Canadian Council of Muslim Women
Some Canadian Muslims are proposing the implementation of sections of Sharia [Muslim law] to settle family disputes outside the court system through arbitration committees/tribunals.
Submitted on Wed, 05/26/2004 - 00:00
- Mynamar: Kristallnacht in Myanmar
- Afghanistan: $2,500: The Value of a 6 year-old Afghan Girl.
- International: The Ethics of Alliance and Solidarity: An Exchange Between Rafia Zakaria and Meredith Tax
- Pakistan: Statement issued by the Women Action Forum (WAF), Karachi, following the attack on Shia residents of Abbas Colony
- Afghanistan: Afghan Women’s Affairs Aide Shot Months After Killing of Predecessor.
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Pakistan: Ensure safety of Asia Bibi and her family and repeal Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws
- UPDATE: Iran: Sakineh Mohammadi-Ashtiani case: another test of Iran's flawed justice system
- Iran: A Statement of Concern Regarding the Televised ‘Confession’ by Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani