UK: Catholic church weighs into polls
The Roman Catholic Church in England and Wales is urging voters to judge candidates for the local and European elections on their moral stances.
Submitted on Fri, 05/28/2004 - 00:00
- Day 14/16 of Activism Against Gender Violence: Giving Chances
- Bahrain: Interview with Maryam al-Khawaja "The Regime Oppresses All Bahrainis".
- Saudi Arabia: Saudi Arabia criticised over text alerts tracking women's movements.
- Iran: Visits Withheld From Female Evin Prisoners.
- United Kingdom: Church of England Bishops Plot Response to Vote to Exclude Women.
- Walking a Tightrope: Women and Veiling in the United Kingdom
- Everyone's Guide to By-passing Internet Censorship
- Recognizing the Un-Recognized: Inter-Country Cases and Muslim Marriages & Divorces in Britain
- WSF: The lesson from Iran: How the 'warning signs of fundamentalism' were ignored
- WSF: The rise of fundamentalism and the role of the ‘state’ in the specific political context of Palestine