Nigeria: Nigerian state bans Muslim march
The Nigerian authorities have banned a procession by Muslims in the northern city of Kano, after appeals from Christian leaders.
Submitted on Thu, 06/03/2004 - 23:00
- Sultan of Brunei introduces tough Islamic punishments
- Tunisia's fight against fundamentalism: an interview with Amel Grami
- "Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here": the human rights struggle against Muslim fundamentalism.
- Nigeria's child brides: 'I thought being in labour would never end'
- Nigeria: The Senate revokes the amendment to marriage age limit!
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Saudi Arabia: Call for release of activist challenging ban on women drivers
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan