Nigeria: Nigerian state bans Muslim march
The Nigerian authorities have banned a procession by Muslims in the northern city of Kano, after appeals from Christian leaders.
Submitted on Fri, 06/04/2004 - 00:00
- “I regret killing my husband” – Kano child-bride speaks
- Sultan of Brunei introduces tough Islamic punishments
- Tunisia's fight against fundamentalism: an interview with Amel Grami
- "Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here": the human rights struggle against Muslim fundamentalism.
- Nigeria's child brides: 'I thought being in labour would never end'
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Saudi Arabia: Call for release of activist challenging ban on women drivers