Sudan: Situation of human rights in the Darfur region of the Sudan
WLUML continues to be concerned about the situation in Darfur, Sudan.
There are consistent reports among refugee and IDP women from various locations that “men in uniform” raped and abused women and young girls.
Submitted on Fri, 06/04/2004 - 00:00
- Sudan seizes runs of 10 newspapers after sexual assault story
- Surge in sexual abuse by Egypt authorities, report says
- South Sudan: UNICEF warns women and children being victimized ‘with frightening regularity’
- Sudan: Surge in Detention, Beatings, Around Elections
- Missing female Sudanese rights activist found beaten in street
- URGENT ACTION NEEDED: INNOCENT SUDANESE MOTHER WILL FACE PUBLIC FLOGGING AND EXECUTION, SIHA CONDEMNS TODAY'S RULING IN HAJ YOUSIF COURT IN KHARTOUM
- URGENT ACTION: Sudan: Two Sudanese Activists At Risk Of Flogging
- Urgent Call to Denounce Sudanese State Violence
- Sudan: Darfuri Activist in Detention for 6 months without charges!
- Sudan: Female lawyer detained, risks torture!
- Special Rapporteur on violence against women, mission statement for Sudan
- Unspeakable Crimes Against Children: Sexual Violence in Conflict
- Nuba: Victims and Heroes - Women Struggle in Two Years of War
- Mapping Stoning in Muslim Contexts
- Dossier 28: An Islamic experience of religious pluralism in post-apartheid South Africa