Iran: Women's Gains at Risk in Iran's New Parliament
Iran's new parliament, sworn in two weeks ago, has nine female legislators, down from 13 in the previous body. Women throughout the country are watching this mix of mostly conservative legislators' approach to women's rights.
Submitted on Fri, 06/18/2004 - 00:00
- Iran: Za’feran Mohamaadi Murdered by her Family Members, Witnessed by Bystanders
- Iran: Iranian Single Women Might Need Father's Permission to Go Abroad
- Bahrain: Interview with Maryam al-Khawaja "The Regime Oppresses All Bahrainis".
- Saudi Arabia: Saudi Arabia criticised over text alerts tracking women's movements.
- Day 2/16 of Activism Against Gender Violence: Somayeh's Testimony
- Sudan: Female lawyer detained, risks torture!
- Sudan: New arrests of Nuba activists!
- Sudan: Khadija Mohamed Badr Health Deteriorating in Detention
- Oman: End the Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Bahrain: Women Human Rights Defenders International Coalition Statement on Bahrain in Solidarity with Al Khawaja