Turkey: Court backs Turkish headscarf ban
Turkish state universities have the right to ban Muslim headscarves, the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg has ruled.
Submitted on Tue, 06/29/2004 - 23:00
- Turkey: International intellectuals call on the Turkish government to desist from its repression of popular protest
- Bangladesh: Matrilineal Marriage - 'My mother and I are married to the same man':
- Protesters demand male brothels for women in Turkey
- Tunisia: Not Illegal, but Taboo.
- Turkey: Turkey's 'Panic Buttons' Turn Off Safety Advocates.
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- UPDATE: Iran: Mohammad Mostafaie, Lawyer of Sakineh Ashtiani, arrested in Turkey
- West Aceh, Indonesia: New regulation forbidding the wearing of 'tight clothing’ by women may be open to abuse
- UPDATE: Aceh: Civil society groups advocate for repeal of Qanun Jinayah (Islamic Criminal Legal Code)