US: Daughters of Hajar: A new generation of American Muslim women speak
Source:Muslim Women's League
In June, a historic meeting took place in Morgantown, USA in which women marched on the mosque and created a national organization dedicated to reclaiming Muslim women's rights.
Submitted on Fri, 07/02/2004 - 00:00
- Protesters demand male brothels for women in Turkey
- Death of renowned Islamic scholar, Asghar Ali Engineer.
- Pakistan's once-ridiculed transgender community fight elections for first time
- Senegal: WELDD West Africa Feminist Leadership Workshop
- Kuwait: Female Arab scientists urge defence of women's rights
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content
- Across the World: A Girl’s Right to Learn Without Fear
- Afghan Women: Towards Bonn and Beyond
- Great Ancestors: Women Claiming Rights in Muslim Contexts
- Mapping of resources for women human rights defenders