Kuwait: Islamist parliamentarians threaten to spoil giving the women her political rights
In May, several Islamic Sunni groups and parliamentarians threatened to work against a draft bill, approved by the Kuwaiti government, which provides women with the right to vote and nominate in legislative elections.
Submitted on Tue, 07/13/2004 - 23:00
- India: 'Now, men will be a bit scared to say talaq'
- Turkey court ruling on religious marriages spurs uproar
- Algeria passes law banning violence against women
- Iran Will Allow Women in Sports Stadiums, Reversing a Much-Criticized Rule
- Jordan detains journalist Rula Amin without charges over custody battle
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Oman: End the Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya