Kuwait: Islamist parliamentarians threaten to spoil giving the women her political rights
In May, several Islamic Sunni groups and parliamentarians threatened to work against a draft bill, approved by the Kuwaiti government, which provides women with the right to vote and nominate in legislative elections.
Submitted on Wed, 07/14/2004 - 00:00
- Afghanistan: Number of women jailed for fleeing abuse soars!
- Bangladesh Defies Hardliners, Elects First Female Speaker
- Afghanistan: Afghan protest against women's rights legislation
- Egypt Risks Drifting Further Away from Human Rights Ideals
- Saudi Arabia: Breakthrough in Saudi Arabia: Women Allowed An Parliament
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Oman: End the Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- UPDATE: Canada: Canadian polygamist leader arrested