Afghanistan: Society Abandons Divorced Women
Source:Institute for War and Peace Reporting
A tale of abandonment, abduction, sexual assault and violence that reveals the vulnerability of women who leave the traditional Afghan home.
Submitted on Thu, 07/15/2004 - 00:00
- Morocco: Women battle against domestic abuse
- Bangladesh: Islamists Demand that Bangladesh's Women Stay at Home
- Lebanon: Workshop on "Masculinity and ending Violence Against Women in the Middle East and Abroad"
- Kyrgyzstan: Krygyzstan considers banning girls from traveling abroad
- Africa: Women and Urbanization
- Sudan: 32 Nuba Women Behind Bars in the Women’s International Day!
- Sudan: Crackdown on Nuba Women Human Rights Activists!
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL URGENT ACTION: Teacher charged and faces death penalty
- Jalila Khamis formally charged and faces EXECUTION!
- Sudanese WHRDs at The Frontlines: Arry Report on the Situation of WHRDs in Sudan
- Learning from Women to Create Gender Inclusive Cities
- Victories over Violence: Ensuring Safety for Women and Girls
- Afghan Women: Towards Bonn and Beyond
- Reparations for Women Subjected to Violence: First thematic report by SRVAW