Afghanistan: Society Abandons Divorced Women
Source:Institute for War and Peace Reporting
A tale of abandonment, abduction, sexual assault and violence that reveals the vulnerability of women who leave the traditional Afghan home.
Submitted on Thu, 07/15/2004 - 00:00
- Soudan du Sud : des milliers de femmes réduites en esclavage et violées par des soldats
- Farkhunda murder: Afghan court quashes death sentences
- India arrest 16 for beheading woman for 'witchcraft'
- Meet the Badass Afghan Politician Who Ran Against Her Husband and Won
- Domestic violence in Turkey reaches boiling point
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed