Afghanistan: Society Abandons Divorced Women
Source:Institute for War and Peace Reporting
A tale of abandonment, abduction, sexual assault and violence that reveals the vulnerability of women who leave the traditional Afghan home.
Submitted on Thu, 07/15/2004 - 00:00
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- Urgent Action: Free Maryam Shafi’pour!
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- URGENT: Maldives: Sex without Consent is always Rape
- To the British Government: Work with Dubai's government to free Afsana!
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating
- RIWPS Annual Brochure 2013