Sudan: The politics of race that permeates Sudanese society plays out in Darfur
Sudan needs to deal with its dual Arab and sub-Saharan African legacy as race politics affects all citizens, from the clients of Khartoum's beauty parlours to the rape victims in Darfur.
Submitted on Mon, 07/19/2004 - 23:00
- SUDAN: URGENT ACTION - WOMEN RISK FLOGGING FOR ‘INDECENT’ CLOTHING
- Support KMEWO in demanding Justice for Dunya!
- URGENT ACTION NEEDED: INNOCENT SUDANESE MOTHER WILL FACE PUBLIC FLOGGING AND EXECUTION, SIHA CONDEMNS TODAY'S RULING IN HAJ YOUSIF COURT IN KHARTOUM
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- Urgent Action: Free Maryam Shafi’pour!
- Recommendations for action against gender-related killing of women and girls
- Leaflet: Women In Black Denounce UK Complicity in Atrocities in Sudan
- Sudan: Beyond Trousers
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences