Sudan: The politics of race that permeates Sudanese society plays out in Darfur
Sudan needs to deal with its dual Arab and sub-Saharan African legacy as race politics affects all citizens, from the clients of Khartoum's beauty parlours to the rape victims in Darfur.
Submitted on Tue, 07/20/2004 - 00:00
- Support KMEWO in demanding Justice for Dunya!
- URGENT ACTION NEEDED: INNOCENT SUDANESE MOTHER WILL FACE PUBLIC FLOGGING AND EXECUTION, SIHA CONDEMNS TODAY'S RULING IN HAJ YOUSIF COURT IN KHARTOUM
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- Urgent Action: Free Maryam Shafi’pour!
- URGENT: Maldives: Sex without Consent is always Rape
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Sudan's Revised Penal Code: A Mixed Picture For Women
- Special Rapporteur on violence against women, mission statement for Sudan
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan