Egypt: Urgent appeal from El Nadim - center for rehabilitation and management of victims of violence
Acts of police harassment are taking place following several events, including the publication of a book entitled “Torture Days: Experiences of Women at Police Stations.”
Submitted on Thu, 07/22/2004 - 00:00
- India: Divorce dictates dire conditions for Muslim women
- Egypt Risks Drifting Further Away from Human Rights Ideals
- Egypt: "They want to marry us at nine years old. Are these really the kind of men we want to run our country? Paedophiles?"
- Egypt: Rise in Egypt Sex Assaults Sets Off Clash Over Blame
- Egypt: The African Commission on Human and People’s Rights holds the state of Egypt accountable for neglecting to protect women from violence!
- Sudan: Female lawyer detained, risks torture!
- Sudan: New arrests of Nuba activists!
- Sudan: Khadija Mohamed Badr Health Deteriorating in Detention
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Bahrain: Women Human Rights Defenders International Coalition Statement on Bahrain in Solidarity with Al Khawaja
- Egypt: Combined sixth and seventh periodic reports to CEDAW
- Everyone's Guide to By-passing Internet Censorship
- Dossier 28: Secular women's activism in contemporary Egypt
- WSF: The rise of fundamentalism and the role of the ‘state’ in the specific political context of Palestine
- WSF: Two cheers for multiculturalism