Malaysia: Sisterhood in Islam
Sisters in Islam (SIS) began in a living room with a group of women who got together to study the Quran because they were concerned about the oppression women faced in the name of Islam.
Submitted on Wed, 08/04/2004 - 23:00
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Saudi Arabia: Call for release of activist challenging ban on women drivers
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan