Nigeria: Nigerian Catholics told to be modest
The country's Muslims in particular are going to greater lengths than ever to be seen to be dressing modestly. Now the Catholic Church has joined the debate.
Submitted on Sun, 08/15/2004 - 23:00
- Sultan of Brunei introduces tough Islamic punishments
- Tunisia's fight against fundamentalism: an interview with Amel Grami
- "Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here": the human rights struggle against Muslim fundamentalism.
- Nigeria's child brides: 'I thought being in labour would never end'
- Nigeria: The Senate revokes the amendment to marriage age limit!
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Saudi Arabia: Call for release of activist challenging ban on women drivers