Egypt: Women and strategies for change: An Egyptian model
Source:Daily Star Lebanon
Apart from international efforts to "rescue" women in the Middle East, female activists in Arab countries have been toiling for decades for reforms that achieve concrete gains for women.
Submitted on Wed, 08/18/2004 - 23:00
- Hala Shukrallah succeeds ElBaradei as head of Constitution Party
- Egypt’s Security Forces Once Again Using Virginity Tests On Female Detainees
- Egyptian regime 'going after youth and rights organizations'
- WLUML networker Yara Sallam awarded North African HRD Shield
- WLUML gears up for WELDD training in Cairo
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Saudi Arabia: Call for release of activist challenging ban on women drivers
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography
- WLUML E-Gazette, 5th Edition
- GENDER EQUALITY AND FOOD SECURITY: Women’s Empowerment as a Tool against Hunger
- Untying the Knot - Exploring Early Marriage in Fragile States
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content