Turkey: EU irked by Turkish adultery law
The adultery law is part of a package of sweeping changes to the penal code, which include the abolition of torture and the expansion of individual liberties.
Submitted on Tue, 09/14/2004 - 00:00
- Protesters demand male brothels for women in Turkey
- Mynamar: Kristallnacht in Myanmar
- Afghanistan: $2,500: The Value of a 6 year-old Afghan Girl.
- International: The Ethics of Alliance and Solidarity: An Exchange Between Rafia Zakaria and Meredith Tax
- Pakistan: Statement issued by the Women Action Forum (WAF), Karachi, following the attack on Shia residents of Abbas Colony
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Pakistan: Ensure safety of Asia Bibi and her family and repeal Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws
- UPDATE: Iran: Sakineh Mohammadi-Ashtiani case: another test of Iran's flawed justice system
- Iran: A Statement of Concern Regarding the Televised ‘Confession’ by Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani