Afghanistan: Addiction behind the burka: how Afghan women use drugs to cope with legacy of war
War trauma is by far the biggest factor among those using opiates.
Submitted on Mon, 10/04/2004 - 00:00
- Afghan President Nominates First Female Judge to Supreme Court
- A Bad Year for Yara Sallam in Egypt's Republic of Fear
- Displaced women and girls trapped in Afghanistan’s cities
- 'I just want to go to school': how Afghan law continues to fail child brides
- Forbidden from riding bikes, fearless Afghan girls are skateboarding around Kabul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Afghanistan: Women included into Afghan delegation to Bonn
- WLUML Statement on Afghan women's exclusion from participation at Bonn