France: Strategies of resistance and solidarity - outsider women
Source:Le Monde Diplomatique
Professional discrimination and gender bias seems more severe in the case of women who do not have French citizenship or come from French families. For them, the idea of equal rights merely emphasises that there is a wide gap between theory and practice.
Submitted on Tue, 10/19/2004 - 00:00
- Swat Woman Of Courage Gets Sisters' Council To Speak Up
- Women up in Arms: Zapatistas and Rojava Kurds Embrace a New Gender Politics
- WLUML Networker Kholoud El-Sayed to Speak at TEDxSuezCanalUniversity
- Meet Estayqazat, Syria’s online feminist movement
- Tunisia: Aya Chebbi Wins Excellence in Leadership Award.