Turkey: Women for Women’s Human Rights (WWHR)-New Ways has submitted a Turkey Shadow Report to the CEDAW Pre-session in July 2004 for Turkey's periodic review by CEDAW
Source:Women for Women’s Human Rights (WWHR)-New Ways
The shadow report raises critical questions and concerns on the Turkish Government's official report regarding the implementation of CEDAW in Turkey. The report is also endorsed by the Women’s Platform on the Turkish Penal Code.
Submitted on Sun, 10/24/2004 - 23:00
- Bangladesh: Government plans to relocate camps cause fear and anxiety among Rohingya refugees from Myanmar.
- North Africa: Racism, sexism and violence against sub-Saharan African migrant women
- Turkish President: 'Equality between men and women is against nature'
- Losing Hope in Iran and Egypt
- Sudan: Police Beat, Arrest Female Students
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- Arbitrary Arrests and Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders