Turkey: Women for Women’s Human Rights (WWHR)-New Ways has submitted a Turkey Shadow Report to the CEDAW Pre-session in July 2004 for Turkey's periodic review by CEDAW
Source:Women for Women’s Human Rights (WWHR)-New Ways
The shadow report raises critical questions and concerns on the Turkish Government's official report regarding the implementation of CEDAW in Turkey. The report is also endorsed by the Women’s Platform on the Turkish Penal Code.
Submitted on Mon, 10/25/2004 - 00:00
- Bahrain: Authorities continue to target women’s rights defender Ghada Jamsheer
- Turkey: Men wear skirts in İstanbul march to protest violence against women
- Egypt: Press Release by the Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders on the Appeal Verdict in the Case of Yara Sallam and Sanaa Seif
- Prominent Women Human Rights Defender Esraa Abdel-Fattah Banned From Traveling Outside Egypt
- Bangladesh: Government plans to relocate camps cause fear and anxiety among Rohingya refugees from Myanmar.
- Egypt: Judicial harassment of Ms. Azza Soliman
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!