Iran: More women's rights defenders sentenced
The same court also sentenced another activist, Nahid Jaafari, to 10 lashes and a six- month suspended prison sentence on the same charges on April 21, 2008. Branch 16 of Tehran's Revolutionary Court sentenced Zeinab Peyghambarzadeh, a sociology student at Tehran University and women's rights activist, to a two- year suspended prison sentence on March 29, 2008. She was also suspended for two semesters from continuing her education by the university's Disciplinary Committee.
Another activist, Marzieh "Minoo" Mortazi Langaroudi, also detained on March 4, 2006, was sentenced to 10 lashes and a six-month suspended imprisonment on March 29, 2008.
- LHC upholds blasphemy convict Asia Bibi's death penalty
- Iran: Urgent concerns in submission to the 20th session of UPR Working Group
- Update: Bahrain – Trial date scheduled for human rights defender Ms Maryam Al-Khawaja
- SUDAN CHRISTIAN WOMAN MERIAM IBRAHIM & FAMILY ARRIVE IN ITALY & MEET WITH POPE FRANCIS
- World Cup ban? Iran's women just don't care
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- Support KMEWO in demanding Justice for Dunya!
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka