Iran: More women's rights defenders sentenced
The same court also sentenced another activist, Nahid Jaafari, to 10 lashes and a six- month suspended prison sentence on the same charges on April 21, 2008. Branch 16 of Tehran's Revolutionary Court sentenced Zeinab Peyghambarzadeh, a sociology student at Tehran University and women's rights activist, to a two- year suspended prison sentence on March 29, 2008. She was also suspended for two semesters from continuing her education by the university's Disciplinary Committee.
Another activist, Marzieh "Minoo" Mortazi Langaroudi, also detained on March 4, 2006, was sentenced to 10 lashes and a six-month suspended imprisonment on March 29, 2008.
- Egyptian activist Mahinour El-Masry arrested again
- “Good Iranian Women Don’t Watch Sports”
- Sudan: Surge in Detention, Beatings, Around Elections
- Missing female Sudanese rights activist found beaten in street
- Egypt: Women's rights activist among 17 facing spurious charges in security forces' 'cover up'