UK: Death before dishonour
Source:The Observer Magazine
In the UK alone, 117 murders are being investigated as 'honour killings'. But over-sensitivity to cultural differences means that many victims are denied the justice that they deserve.
Submitted on Tue, 11/30/2004 - 01:00
- My wife was murdered by a 'monster' – but most perpetrators of violence are normal men
- UN Special Rapporteur Rashida Manjoo says UK has 'sexist culture'
- UK DOCTOR IS FIRST PERSON IN BRITAIN CHARGED WITH PERFORMING FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION
- MEET A DEFENDER: DR ISATOU TOURAY
- Tougher Action Urged on Kazakstan "Bride-Theft"
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Child, early and forced marriage in Pakistan: A submission to OHCHR
- Violence against Women, Bleeding Wound in the Syrian Conflict
- "Maybe we are hated": The experience and impact of Anti-Muslim hate on British Muslim Women