Nigeria: Update on the case of Daso Adamu
Source:BAOBAB for Women’s Human Rights
Daso Adamu has been discharged and acquitted.
In the Upper Sharia Court of Bauchi State of Nigeria, the appeal between Daso Adamu was heard on 2 December 2004 and judgement given on the 9th December.
Submitted on Fri, 12/10/2004 - 00:00
- Nigeria: Why it is hard to know the truth about the Boko Haram crisis
- Honour killing: Four get death for lynching pregnant woman in Lahore
- Darfur: amid allegations of mass rape, UN voices profound concern, begins investigation
- Nigeria: Victims of Abductions Tell Their Stories
- Efua Dorkenoo OBE, the ‘incredible African female warrior’, has died
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating