Nigeria: Update on the case of Daso Adamu
Source:BAOBAB for Women’s Human Rights
Daso Adamu has been discharged and acquitted.
In the Upper Sharia Court of Bauchi State of Nigeria, the appeal between Daso Adamu was heard on 2 December 2004 and judgement given on the 9th December.
Submitted on Fri, 12/10/2004 - 01:00
- Morocco: Women battle against domestic abuse
- Bangladesh: Islamists Demand that Bangladesh's Women Stay at Home
- Afghanistan: Woman killed for “dishonouring” family
- Lebanon: Workshop on "Masculinity and ending Violence Against Women in the Middle East and Abroad"
- Kyrgyzstan: Krygyzstan considers banning girls from traveling abroad
- Sudan: 32 Nuba Women Behind Bars in the Women’s International Day!
- Sudan: Crackdown on Nuba Women Human Rights Activists!
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL URGENT ACTION: Teacher charged and faces death penalty
- Jalila Khamis formally charged and faces EXECUTION!
- Sudanese WHRDs at The Frontlines: Arry Report on the Situation of WHRDs in Sudan
- Learning from Women to Create Gender Inclusive Cities
- Victories over Violence: Ensuring Safety for Women and Girls
- CEDAW & MUSLIM FAMILY LAWS: In Search of Common Ground
- Feminists on the Frontline: AWID Case Studies of Resisting Fundamentalisms