International: Contraception and abortion in Islam
Source:The Religious Consultation on Population, Reproductive Health and Ethics
Contraception has a long history in Islam. Early Islam actually developed contraceptive medicine and instructed Europe on it.
Submitted on Thu, 12/23/2004 - 01:00
- Making Law and Justice Work for Women
- It is too simple to reduce religious motives to mere pretexts for violence – New report
- The triple whammy: towards the eclipse of women’s rights
- Niger: 'Wahaya': Young girls sold into slavery
- Egypt’s first female genital mutilation trial ends in not guilty verdict
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Kyrgyzstan: Support the campaign to ensure continued access to abortion
- UN: Open letter from NGOs to the General Assembly regarding terrorism debate