International: Contraception and abortion in Islam
Source:The Religious Consultation on Population, Reproductive Health and Ethics
Contraception has a long history in Islam. Early Islam actually developed contraceptive medicine and instructed Europe on it.
Submitted on Thu, 12/23/2004 - 01:00
- “I regret killing my husband” – Kano child-bride speaks
- CPD47 Statement: It’s Unacceptable for Youth SRHR to be Deemed “too Controversial”
- Girls 'Treated as Cattle': Child Brides Divide Pakistan
- EGYPT - LAUNCH OF FIRST PROSECUTION FOR FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION AFTER GIRL DIES
- UK DOCTOR IS FIRST PERSON IN BRITAIN CHARGED WITH PERFORMING FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Kyrgyzstan: Support the campaign to ensure continued access to abortion
- UN: Open letter from NGOs to the General Assembly regarding terrorism debate
- Reclaiming and Redefining Rights: ICPD+20: Status of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Middle East and North Africa
- Substantive Equality and Reproductive Rights: A Briefing Paper on Aligning Development Goals with Human Rights Obligations
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Early and Forced Marriage in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Austerity Measures in Developing Countries: Public Expenditure Trends and the Risks to Women and Children