International: Contraception and abortion in Islam
Source:The Religious Consultation on Population, Reproductive Health and Ethics
Contraception has a long history in Islam. Early Islam actually developed contraceptive medicine and instructed Europe on it.
Submitted on Thu, 12/23/2004 - 01:00
- International: The Ethics of Alliance and Solidarity: An Exchange Between Rafia Zakaria and Meredith Tax
- UN: International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation
- Kenya: Rita, "I feel cheated of my right to decide whether to give birth or not".
- International: Special Rapporteur on Contemporary Forms of Slavery Marks International Day for Abolition of Slavery.
- International: The Malala Effect Statement by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay on the occasion of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women (25 November).
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Kyrgyzstan: Support the campaign to ensure continued access to abortion
- UN: Open letter from NGOs to the General Assembly regarding terrorism debate
- UN: Security Council resolution 1373 to combat terrorism