Nigeria: Africa regional institute for women’s leadership and training of trainers
Source:Women's Learning Partnership
WLUML regional coordination office BAOBAB for Women’s Human Rights, a partner of WLP, will convene the Africa Regional Learning Institute for Women's Leadership and Training of Trainers from February 21-25, 2005 in Calabar, Nigeria.
WLP Institutes are learning centers for empowering women to participate as leaders in the decision-making processes in all areas of social, political, and economic life. Institute participants will include 25 women's rights activists and leaders from nine countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Among the participants will be WLP partners Community Education and Development Services (Cameroon) and the Women’s Self-Promotion Movement (Zimbabwe). Using the English edition of WLP’s leadership training manual, /Leading to Choices/, participants will engage in skills-building sessions on facilitation, communication, and advocacy as well as build a stronger network of grassroots women’s rights NGOs in the region to advance women’s leadership, promote sustainable development, and combat violence against women.
Submitted on Wed, 02/02/2005 - 01:00
- New Feminist Leadership Web Portal Offers Online Home to All Generations of Activists
- Malala meets Nigeria's leader Goodluck Jonathan over abducted girls
- Nigerian women and girls 'escape from Boko Haram'
- Striving for Gender Justice: Overcoming Obstacles
- Nigeria: extremists have abducted 91 more people, witnesses say
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- Iran: WLUML Supports Call for Solidarity: Freedom and Gender Equality in Iran
- UPDATE: Nigeria: Local women's groups protest bill on 'indecent clothing'
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography
- WLUML E-Gazette, 5th Edition
- GENDER EQUALITY AND FOOD SECURITY: Women’s Empowerment as a Tool against Hunger
- Untying the Knot - Exploring Early Marriage in Fragile States
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content