Egypt: Paternity scandal divides Egypt
Following an 'orfy' (a common law marriage in which the state is not involved) women lack legal protection afforded by a registered marriage contract, and also face the anger of society.
Submitted on Wed, 03/02/2005 - 00:00
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- UPDATE: Canada: Canadian polygamist leader arrested
- UPDATE: Algeria: Samia Smets acquitted
- UPDATE: Nigeria: Local women's groups protest bill on 'indecent clothing'