UK: Muslim girl wins appeal over school clothing
A Muslim girl today won her battle to wear traditional "head-to-toe" dress in the classroom after the Court of Appeal ruled her school had acted unlawfully in barring her.
Submitted on Wed, 03/02/2005 - 00:00
- (UK) Law Society: Withdraw Guidelines for ‘Shari’a-Compliant’ Wills
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- Dossier 32-33: Sexualities, Culture and Society in Muslim Contexts
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- "Maybe we are hated": The experience and impact of Anti-Muslim hate on British Muslim Women
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- Recognizing the Un-Recognized: Inter-Country Cases and Muslim Marriages & Divorces in Britain