Iraq: Iraqi union leader murdered. “Resistance” targets trade unions, women, lesbians and gay men
Three Islamist groups have issued statements saying that one of the reasons they wish to disrupt Iraq’s elections is to prevent Iraq “becoming homosexual” and the wave of violence against women continues.
Submitted on Thu, 03/03/2005 - 01:00
- Mynamar: Kristallnacht in Myanmar
- Afghanistan: $2,500: The Value of a 6 year-old Afghan Girl.
- IRAQ: Decade of Occupation for Iraqi Women
- International: The Ethics of Alliance and Solidarity: An Exchange Between Rafia Zakaria and Meredith Tax
- Pakistan: Statement issued by the Women Action Forum (WAF), Karachi, following the attack on Shia residents of Abbas Colony
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Saudi Arabia: Call for release of activist challenging ban on women drivers
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- Pakistan: Ensure safety of Asia Bibi and her family and repeal Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws