Pakistan: Pakistan rejects pro-women bill
The Pakistan government has allied with Islamists to reject a bill which sought to strengthen the law against the practice of "honour killing".
Submitted on Fri, 03/04/2005 - 01:00
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.