Uzbekistan: Uzbek leaders seek to block influx of 'alien' ideologies
Shaken by revolutionary developments in Ukraine and Georgia, Uzbekistan is turning away from the West. Officials increasingly see the democratic ideals espoused by the USA and the European Union as "alien" and destructive for Uzbek society.
Submitted on Wed, 03/09/2005 - 00:00
- Sultan of Brunei threatens his citizens following online criticism of Sharia law plan
- Bahrain: Continued Use Of Politicized Judiciary By The Authority To Keep Activist Zainab Al-Khawaja Behind Bars
- Iran: 'Jila Baniyaghoob | Prisoner Of Conscience In Iran'
- Saudi women flood social media with driving videos, pictures
- Saudi Arabia: Women Activists' Sentences Confirmed