Bangladesh: Dhaka men in acid attacks protest
Predominantly male protesters carried banners pledging to stop acid throwing. The men, and some acid victims also present at the rally, called for greater government efforts to stop the practice.
Submitted on Thu, 03/10/2005 - 00:00
- Turkey: Men wear skirts in İstanbul march to protest violence against women
- Mass Rape in Darfur
- New Sudan report on mass rape in Tabit
- Bangladesh: Government plans to relocate camps cause fear and anxiety among Rohingya refugees from Myanmar.
- Bangladesh: How Birth Certificates Help Fight Child Marriage
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating