Bangladesh: Dhaka men in acid attacks protest
Predominantly male protesters carried banners pledging to stop acid throwing. The men, and some acid victims also present at the rally, called for greater government efforts to stop the practice.
Submitted on Thu, 03/10/2005 - 01:00
- Afghanistan: Parliament fails to pass divisive women's law
- Morocco: Women battle against domestic abuse
- Afghanistan: Woman killed for “dishonouring” family
- Lebanon: Workshop on "Masculinity and ending Violence Against Women in the Middle East and Abroad"
- Kyrgyzstan: Krygyzstan considers banning girls from traveling abroad
- Sudan: 32 Nuba Women Behind Bars in the Women’s International Day!
- Sudan: Crackdown on Nuba Women Human Rights Activists!
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL URGENT ACTION: Teacher charged and faces death penalty
- Jalila Khamis formally charged and faces EXECUTION!
- Sudanese WHRDs at The Frontlines: Arry Report on the Situation of WHRDs in Sudan
- Learning from Women to Create Gender Inclusive Cities
- Victories over Violence: Ensuring Safety for Women and Girls
- Mapping Stoning in Muslim Contexts
- Reparations for Women Subjected to Violence: First thematic report by SRVAW