India: On Muslim women in Gujarat
Source:South Asia Citizen's Wire
The violence against Muslims which began in Gujarat in 2002 has been called one-sided and state-sponsored and has been likened to a pogrom. One form of violence could be directed only against women and girls - rape.
Submitted on Mon, 04/04/2005 - 00:00
- Soudan du Sud : des milliers de femmes réduites en esclavage et violées par des soldats
- India: 'Now, men will be a bit scared to say talaq'
- With Her Father On Death Row, Afghan Mother Attempts To Put Decade Of Incest, Abuse Behind Her
- Afghan shelter provides security for abused women
- Should India review Muslim divorce law?
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region: