India: Violent attacks and cases of moral policing in Karnataka
On the 7th and 8th of March, there are two big public events being planned in Bangalore in response to the attacks.
People who are in Bangalore, for the love of every last chaddi, participate and organise events around the 7th and 8th. We need the events to be big and scary. I think that as many people as can manage should go to Bangalore on these two days. This is really no time to reserve our troops and what is happening right now is war. Buy cheap tickets, come to Bangalore.
Watch this space. We will be posting things you can do to get involved to protest the attacks on women in Karnataka.
1. Join the walk to the Police Commissioner's Office on March 7, 2009. More details soon.
2. Join the massive Take Back The Night campaign on March 8, 2009.
3. Join the campaign addressed to bystanders (http://thepinkchaddicampaign.blogspot.com/2009/02/posters-for-bystander.html.
4. If you can't go to Bangalore organise a Pink Chaddi event in your town (http://thepinkchaddicampaign.blogspot.com/2009/03/organise-pink-chaddi-event-in-your-town.html.
5. If you live abroad, you could join the email campaign here: http://thepinkchaddicampaign.blogspot.com/2009/02/email-campaign.html.
6. If you are from the media look for the press release and details about the attacks: http://thepinkchaddicampaign.blogspot.com/2009/02/details-of-attacks.html.
7. Join the poster campaign: Cut/Burn/Print/Paste
Source: The Pink Chaddi Campaign
- 'I just want to go to school': how Afghan law continues to fail child brides
- Tens of female students poisoned in Samangan
- Farkhunda murder: Afghan judge sentences four to death over mob killing
- 293 Women and Girls Rescued From Boko Haram Terrorist Group in Nigeria
- Nigeria: Abducted women and girls forced to join Boko Haram attacks
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Support KMEWO in demanding Justice for Dunya!
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*