India: Violent attacks and cases of moral policing in Karnataka
On the 7th and 8th of March, there are two big public events being planned in Bangalore in response to the attacks.
People who are in Bangalore, for the love of every last chaddi, participate and organise events around the 7th and 8th. We need the events to be big and scary. I think that as many people as can manage should go to Bangalore on these two days. This is really no time to reserve our troops and what is happening right now is war. Buy cheap tickets, come to Bangalore.
Watch this space. We will be posting things you can do to get involved to protest the attacks on women in Karnataka.
1. Join the walk to the Police Commissioner's Office on March 7, 2009. More details soon.
2. Join the massive Take Back The Night campaign on March 8, 2009.
3. Join the campaign addressed to bystanders (http://thepinkchaddicampaign.blogspot.com/2009/02/posters-for-bystander.html.
4. If you can't go to Bangalore organise a Pink Chaddi event in your town (http://thepinkchaddicampaign.blogspot.com/2009/03/organise-pink-chaddi-event-in-your-town.html.
5. If you live abroad, you could join the email campaign here: http://thepinkchaddicampaign.blogspot.com/2009/02/email-campaign.html.
6. If you are from the media look for the press release and details about the attacks: http://thepinkchaddicampaign.blogspot.com/2009/02/details-of-attacks.html.
7. Join the poster campaign: Cut/Burn/Print/Paste
Source: The Pink Chaddi Campaign
- #February6th: The International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation (#FGM): Celebrating Victories
- Uganda bans maids from working in Saudi Arabia
- Sudan: Rape as Weapon of War AU/UN Should Increase Investigations, Reporting on Abuses
- Taliban Stone Woman To Death For Eloping
- India: 'Now, men will be a bit scared to say talaq'
- Statement in Condemnation of Terrorist Attack Targeting Media Organizations in Afghanistan
- We Strongly Condemn the Terrorist Attacks Taking Place in the Name of “Islam”
- SUDAN: URGENT ACTION EIGHT GIRLS FREE, ONE OTHER RISKS FLOGGING
- Raise Your Voice Against the 'Protection of the Family' Resolution
- Drop the terrorism charges against Silan Ozcelik
- Recommendations for action against gender-related killing of women and girls
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan