Mauritania: Row over Mauritania weekend move
Opposition and religious leaders in the Islamic state of Mauritania have condemned the government's decision to stop Friday being a day off.
Submitted on Mon, 04/11/2005 - 00:00
- Algeria: voices for democratic transition cannot be silenced
- Iran says woman sentenced to stoning given "leave" from prison
- Fed up with Iran's draconian dress code, women flout the rules - report
- Sultan of Brunei threatens his citizens following online criticism of Sharia law plan
- Bahrain: Continued Use Of Politicized Judiciary By The Authority To Keep Activist Zainab Al-Khawaja Behind Bars