Pakistan: Pakistan's Islamists focus on women
Last week the six-party religious alliance that constitutes one-fifth of parliament introduced a bill seeking a complete ban on women in advertising. The move follows the MMA's recent successes in stopping women from participating in outdoor sports.
Submitted on Sat, 04/16/2005 - 23:00
- UN human rights experts urge Kenya to repeal discriminatory sections in Matrimonial Property Act
- Pakistani couple stoned to death for adultery; six arrested
- Pakistan Poised to Make Death Penalty Compulsory for ‘Blasphemy’
- Morocco to change rape marriage law
- After advocacy by women's movement, Morocco makes major reform to rape law
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Pakistan: Killing of NGO worker Farida Afridi in Jamrud Tehsil of Khyber Agency
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity