Pakistan: Pakistan's Islamists focus on women
Last week the six-party religious alliance that constitutes one-fifth of parliament introduced a bill seeking a complete ban on women in advertising. The move follows the MMA's recent successes in stopping women from participating in outdoor sports.
Submitted on Sun, 04/17/2005 - 00:00
- Ziauddin Yousafzai My daughter, Malala
- Girls 'Treated as Cattle': Child Brides Divide Pakistan
- Pakistani laws prohibiting underage marriage un-Islamic: CII
- UN human rights experts urge Kenya to repeal discriminatory sections in Matrimonial Property Act
- Pakistani couple stoned to death for adultery; six arrested
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Pakistan: Killing of NGO worker Farida Afridi in Jamrud Tehsil of Khyber Agency
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity