Pakistan: Pakistan's Islamists focus on women
Last week the six-party religious alliance that constitutes one-fifth of parliament introduced a bill seeking a complete ban on women in advertising. The move follows the MMA's recent successes in stopping women from participating in outdoor sports.
Submitted on Sun, 04/17/2005 - 00:00
- Muslim women in India petition Supreme Court to end 'triple talaq’ instant divorce
- The case of Saba Qaiser and the film-maker determined to put an end to 'honour' killings
- India: 'Now, men will be a bit scared to say talaq'
- There is no honour in barring women from voting
- Turkey court ruling on religious marriages spurs uproar
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!