Pakistan: Pakistan's Islamists focus on women
Last week the six-party religious alliance that constitutes one-fifth of parliament introduced a bill seeking a complete ban on women in advertising. The move follows the MMA's recent successes in stopping women from participating in outdoor sports.
Submitted on Sat, 04/16/2005 - 23:00
- LHC upholds blasphemy convict Asia Bibi's death penalty
- Striving for Gender Justice: Overcoming Obstacles
- UK: Forced marriage law sends 'powerful message'
- THE DEATH OF A WOMAN-A BRUTAL KILLING CAUSES FEW RIPPLES.
- The Real Story Behind Brunei's Sharia Laws Isn't the One That Gay Rights Groups Are Telling You
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Pakistan: Killing of NGO worker Farida Afridi in Jamrud Tehsil of Khyber Agency