Bahrain: Bahraini woman chairs parliament
For the first time in the Arab world, a woman has chaired a parliamentary session in the Gulf state of Bahrain.
Submitted on Tue, 04/19/2005 - 23:00
- Press Release by the Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders on the Appeal Verdict in the Case of Yara Sallam and Sanaa Seif
- Prominent Women Human Rights Defender Esraa Abdel-Fattah Banned From Traveling Outside Egypt
- Bangladesh: Government plans to relocate camps cause fear and anxiety among Rohingya refugees from Myanmar.
- North Africa: Racism, sexism and violence against sub-Saharan African migrant women
- Losing Hope in Iran and Egypt
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- Arbitrary Arrests and Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Egypt: #noprotestlaw campaign abridged toolkit
- Family Law in Bahrain
- Discrimination Against Women in Bahraini Society and Legislation
- No One is Safe: Abuses of Women in Iraq's Criminal Justice System
- Bahrain: Submission to the committee on the elimination of all forms of discrimination against women