Bahrain: Bahraini woman chairs parliament
For the first time in the Arab world, a woman has chaired a parliamentary session in the Gulf state of Bahrain.
Submitted on Wed, 04/20/2005 - 00:00
- Turkey: International intellectuals call on the Turkish government to desist from its repression of popular protest
- Iran's 'Zahra' Tells Alternate Tale Of Presidential Campaign
- Tunisia: European Women go on Trial for Topless Protest
- India: Divorce dictates dire conditions for Muslim women
- Day 5/16 of Activism Against Gender Violence: In Honor Of Our Sisters- Bahrain WHRD