Iraq: In jeans or veils, Iraqi women are split on new political power
As Iraq's first elected parliament in decades prepares to begin its work, the women who make up nearly a third of its members agree on one thing: they want more power ... At the same time, the assembly's women are deeply divided.
Submitted on Thu, 04/21/2005 - 00:00
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting