Malaysia: Dissent is part of justice
Islah (reform) as sulh signifies peaceful action which leads to reconciliation and accord. Sulh is sometimes rendered as consensus, a democratic precept by any other name.
Submitted on Sun, 04/24/2005 - 00:00
- Afghanistan: Number of women jailed for fleeing abuse soars!
- Bangladesh Defies Hardliners, Elects First Female Speaker
- Malaysia: Outrage After Sharia Court Allows Rapist to Marry His 13-year-old Victim
- Afghanistan: Afghan protest against women's rights legislation
- Egypt Risks Drifting Further Away from Human Rights Ideals
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- UPDATE: Malaysia: Kartika’s caning sentence commuted to community service
- UPDATE: Malaysia: Caning sentence of Kartika upheld