Afghanistan: A first for Afghan women - the governor
Habiba Sarobi is Afghanistan's first female governor, formerly the minister for women's affairs, she said she had turned down an ambassadorial job to demand the governor's post from President Hamid Karzai.
Submitted on Wed, 04/27/2005 - 00:00
- Afghanistan: Parliament fails to pass divisive women's law
- Afghanistan: Woman killed for “dishonouring” family
- Afghanistan: $2,500: The Value of a 6 year-old Afghan Girl.
- Afghanistan: Afghan Women’s Affairs Aide Shot Months After Killing Of Predecessor
- Afghanistan: Afghan Women’s Affairs Aide Shot Months After Killing of Predecessor.
- Sudan: Female lawyer detained, risks torture!
- Sudan: New arrests of Nuba activists!
- Sudan: Khadija Mohamed Badr Health Deteriorating in Detention
- Oman: End the Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Bahrain: Women Human Rights Defenders International Coalition Statement on Bahrain in Solidarity with Al Khawaja