Sri Lanka: Engaging With Muslim personal law in Sri Lanka: the experience of MWRAF
An interesting article from 2003 in which Muslim Personal law (MPL) is discussed - a plural system of laws which govern family matters and which defines women’s status and autonomy in the private sphere of the family.
Submitted on Mon, 05/02/2005 - 23:00
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Only Until the Rice is Cooked? The Domestic Violence Act, Familial Ideology, and Cultural Narratives in Sri Lanka
- Family Law in Bahrain
- Justice Through Equality: Building Religious Knowledge for Legal Reform in Muslim Family Laws
- Living with insecurity: Marginalization and sexual violence against women in north and east Sri Lanka
- Afghanistan: Child marriage and domestic violence