Sri Lanka: Engaging With Muslim personal law in Sri Lanka: the experience of MWRAF
An interesting article from 2003 in which Muslim Personal law (MPL) is discussed - a plural system of laws which govern family matters and which defines women’s status and autonomy in the private sphere of the family.
Submitted on Mon, 05/02/2005 - 23:00
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- UPDATE: Canada: Canadian polygamist leader arrested
- UPDATE: Algeria: Samia Smets acquitted
- Living with insecurity: Marginalization and sexual violence against women in north and east Sri Lanka
- Afghanistan: Child marriage and domestic violence
- Our Motherland, Our Country: Gender Discrimination in the Middle East and North Africa
- 2004 Moroccan Family Law (Moudawana)
- Bahrain: Women's Struggle Against Artificial Reforms