Sri Lanka: Engaging With Muslim personal law in Sri Lanka: the experience of MWRAF
An interesting article from 2003 in which Muslim Personal law (MPL) is discussed - a plural system of laws which govern family matters and which defines women’s status and autonomy in the private sphere of the family.
Submitted on Tue, 05/03/2005 - 00:00
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- UPDATE: Canada: Canadian polygamist leader arrested
- UPDATE: Algeria: Samia Smets acquitted