Kuwait: Kuwaiti MPs scupper women's vote
The Kuwaiti parliament has failed to pass a law which would, for the first time, have given women the right to vote and stand in municipal elections.
Submitted on Wed, 05/04/2005 - 00:00
- UN human rights experts urge Kenya to repeal discriminatory sections in Matrimonial Property Act
- Morocco to change rape marriage law
- After advocacy by women's movement, Morocco makes major reform to rape law
- Kashmir: Mass-Rape Survivors Struggle as Kafkaesque Justice Reigns
- Botswana: Women Win Landmark Right to Inherit Under Customary Law
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'