Kuwait: Kuwaiti MPs scupper women's vote
The Kuwaiti parliament has failed to pass a law which would, for the first time, have given women the right to vote and stand in municipal elections.
Submitted on Tue, 05/03/2005 - 23:00
- Muslim women in India petition Supreme Court to end 'triple talaq’ instant divorce
- India: 'Now, men will be a bit scared to say talaq'
- Turkey court ruling on religious marriages spurs uproar
- Algeria passes law banning violence against women
- Iran Will Allow Women in Sports Stadiums, Reversing a Much-Criticized Rule
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya