Kuwait: Kuwaiti MPs scupper women's vote
The Kuwaiti parliament has failed to pass a law which would, for the first time, have given women the right to vote and stand in municipal elections.
Submitted on Tue, 05/03/2005 - 23:00
- IKWRO meet with the Law Society on Sharia
- UK: Law Society Withdraws Sharia Succession Principles Practice Note
- UK: Forced marriage law sends 'powerful message'
- The Real Story Behind Brunei's Sharia Laws Isn't the One That Gay Rights Groups Are Telling You
- Yemen law on child brides and FGM offers hope of wider progress
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya